Friday, December 4, 2009

This past fortnight I had TWO 30" displays setup at work. On my desk, on the same system. That little Dell, I hafta get you the specs when I remember, with a midrange QuadroFX in it, is currently TWO dual link DVI 30" 2560x1600 resolution screens. I'm thinking it's just too much to bear, it hurts my back, but man is it f*&^ing cool. I split my Maya window between the two screens today. I put it so I had two different modeling windows at an angle to each other and I just stuck my face in between them as would a college kid in a strip club. I'll sit with it a while longer and see how it goes. One is a Dell 3007FWP, the other an HP LP3065. Both the same LCD panel, each with it's own nifty add on features. I've been a damned lucky man to be having them, singly or doubled up. In any event, I'd love to work with a DreamColor sometime soon. I also have seen how Dell's reporting over a billion colors in some of their screens, which I am assuming in my uneducation, means they are 30bit as I know the DreamColor is. You can read about my review of the HP in an upcoming Post Magazine, and the Dell was reviewed a while back in same magazine. Good stuff, and it's all getting better. I'm trying to get some time back so I can more reviewing as I used to when I had far less dad things to do (which I love, don't get me wrong).

No comments:

Post a Comment