Friday, December 4, 2009

Logitech's DiNovo keyboard is the only keyboard I will willingly type on. It's such a wonderful keyboard, though I could do without the Bluetooth. One thing that irks me is using this on a KVM is near impossible, as the OS you switch to will want to pair with the keyboard everytime, which means you have to punch in a new security code. This is troublesome, and in an age where we've put rovers on Mars, I think there must be a solution for it. Until that happens, I broke down and bought a corded USB keyboard, the Wired Ultra-thin Illuminated Keyboard from Logitech. I have yet to put it on my system, but from what I've seen from a coworker's here at the studio, it's pretty nifty. Plus it's a fraction of the cost of an actual DiNovo, and is fairly close to it, more or less. I like its style and the fact that it's backlit a lot. I'd prefer to have the DiNovo Edge, but can't bring myself to put down the high price for it. This corded one was a good deal with a Black Friday rebate.
But from my limited experience with it, it does not have quite the same tactile awesomeness of the Dinovo. My DiNovo at home is on the fritz and having bluetooth issues (bluetooth was such a flop compared to it's promise!!), but Logitech replaced it under warranty without issue, so that says a lot. I could do without their severely bloated drivers and constant updates balloons. Other than the fairly useless battery wasting number pad/media pad remote, the DiNovo is really a fantastic keyboard, I can't type on anything else (other than my laptop keys).

No comments:

Post a Comment