Mouse? Mouse? Well I've been a fan of Logitech mice for a really long time. I have several of their mice. The VX Revolution serves my mobile laptop needs. It's small, has a little receiver that fits neatly back into the mouse for storage, and it has insanely good battery life.
e came with the DiNovo Laser Desktop bundle I have, sits unused. I originally figured I'd use the G5 just for the gaming, but now it's my all aorund mouse at home. At work, I had to, I JUST HAD to get the MX Revolution mouse when it was on Black Friday sale last year. It's a wonderful mouse if it weren't for one tiny nagging issue that annoys probably just me in the entire universe. It's a long story** you can read at the end of this post. But I digress, the MX has a great mouse scrolling wheel and really good tracking. It would be perfect if it added on the fly resolution changing like the G5.**Long story, here it is:
I use me the Autodesk Maya professionally, and there is abundant use of the middle mouse button. All new mice have the middle scroll wheel that may be depressed to be a middle click. Well, it takes more effort to press down the scroll wheel than a middle button, and when you're on the watchout for carpal tunnel syndrome, every little effort counts. SO, all the other Logitech mice that have the side to sid
e scroll funciton on the scroll wheel also allow you to remap the side to side button press for the middle mouse. And since tilting the wheel left or right is MUCH easier than pressing it down, it makes for a much easier and less carpal damaging middle mouse button click. SO anyway, for some unknown reason, you cannot remap the side scrolling on the MX to be a middle mouse click. Horrible! Luckily I found a hack online that opens up ALL the mouse button functions for remapping to pretty much anything, and I use that. Fascinating, wasn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment